What Laser Treatments Should You Consider for Darker Skin?
Finding laser treatments that are safe for darker skin can be challenging. Many lasers cause hyperpigmentation when performed by an untrained practitioner or a device that is not calibrated for your tone.
At Sereno Santé, we understand that everyone deserves to feel confident and beautiful in their own complexion. That’s why we offer a range of technologies like the Alma Opus®, HyGrid™, OScar, HyLight, and Soprano ICE to produce amazing results. Anesthesiologist Dr. Maia Chakerian can explain the benefits of each procedure during a consultation near San Jose, CA. Call now to book an appointment and see how you can get clearer and more even-toned skin through laser treatments.
Why do laser treatments cause hyperpigmentation?
Darker skin tones, especially those with a higher concentration of melanin, are more prone to dark spots and hyperpigmentation caused by lasers. This is because the increased melanin content in the skin absorbs more laser energy, leading to uneven and unpredictable results. However, some treatments are better suited for darker skin tones and can provide excellent outcomes with minimal risk.
What laser treatments do you offer?
A consultation with Dr. Chakerian will help determine the best course of action for your cosmetic goals. For example, some people want to address unwanted signs of aging, while others have loose skin, old scars, lesions like moles, and even excess hair. Once the problem is identified, we can discuss the best laser treatment to achieve your desired outcomes.
Here is a brief explanation of what we offer near San Jose, CA:
- Radiofrequency (RF) plasma skin resurfacing: Opus is a noninvasive resurfacing treatment that improves skin tone and texture to correct a range of issues.
- Hybrid laser skin resurfacing: HyGrid combines CO2 ablative and non-ablative laser technology for skin that looks and feels younger.
- Skin tightening: Our ThermoTight non-ablative laser encourages natural collagen and elastin production to handle loose or sagging skin.
- Scar treatment: Hybrid OScar flattens out raised scars and minimizes redness and hyperpigmentation associated with scarring.
- Lesion removal: HyLight may be the answer when warts, moles, and skin tags become bothersome.
- Hair removal: The Soprano ICE laser targets hair follicles to reduce unwanted body hair with a short series of sessions.
How does a laser appointment work?
At Sereno Santé, we believe in providing outstanding patient care. When you come in for a laser treatment, one of our knowledgeable staff members will escort you to a private room. We consider darker skin tones when selecting and calibrating our lasers.
Dr. Chakerian and our team are well-trained in using lasers to achieve optimum results with minimal side effects. We also review your health history and discuss any medications you may be taking since some prescriptions can make these procedures unsafe. Rest assured, you’ll be in good hands when you come to us.
Try laser technology for hair removal and more
Whether you're interested in skin resurfacing, scar treatment, or hair removal, Sereno Santé can provide cutting-edge solutions to help achieve your desired outcomes in San Jose, CA. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Maia Chakerian today and find out how our lasers work. Our clinic is always ready to provide a safe and comfortable laser experience.