What Is XEOMIN?
XEOMIN is an injectable wrinkle relaxer that's similar to BOTOX because it relaxes the facial muscles with a purified strain of botulinum toxin type A. Although you've made a wide range of facial expressions throughout your youth, you may be starting to see that the lines and wrinkles caused by these expressions no longer disappear after your face relaxes. These lines are called dynamic wrinkles and they are caused when the facial muscle stays contracted from overuse, creating etched lines in the skin overlying the muscles. At Sereno Santé in the San Jose, CA area, we offer several cosmetic services including XEOMIN wrinkle relaxer injections. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Maia Chakerian to learn more about XEOMIN.
Is XEOMIN right for me?
The best candidates for XEOMIN are in good overall health, not pregnant, and not allergic to other botulinum toxin products (including BOTOX and Dysport). XEOMIN can help if you want to improve the look of dynamic wrinkles on your face, like frown lines between the eyebrows, horizontal lines on the forehead (glabellar lines), Crow's feet in the outer corners of the eyes, and other smile and laugh lines. XEOMIN has been approved by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) as a cosmetic wrinkle treatment that can be used safely on most patients. In your initial consultation, Dr. Chakerian will ask many questions, including what allergies you may have, as well as all medications and supplements you're currently taking. You should be honest with Dr. Chakerian to avoid unnecessary complications or side effects.
What Are The Benefits of XEOMIN?
Like BOTOX and Dysport, XEOMIN is a purified and diluted form of botulinum toxin used to relax facial muscles, helping to smooth fine lines and wrinkles and to prevent the formation of new wrinkles. So what's the difference? Here are some major benefits of XEOMIN:
- No Fillers - XEOMIN is known as "naked BOTOX". This is because XEOMIN doesn't have any fillers, meaning that it is pure – there are no other ingredients. The extra ingredients in BOTOX and Dysport can cause some people to build up an immunity to them, lowering their effectiveness. You don't have this problem with XEOMIN.
- Fast Acting - XEOMIN works quickly, with results noticeable within 3 - 4 days. Full results are typically seen in about 30 days.
- For Everyone - The purity of XEOMIN means just about anyone can use it. For example, some people with sensitivities to lactose (milk proteins) aren't good candidates for Dysport. With XEOMIN, only women who are pregnant or nursing shouldn't use it.
- Prevents Wrinkles - XEOMIN helps prevent the formation of future wrinkles and can help smooth out the lines and wrinkles you already have.
- No Side Effects - Unless you're allergic to botulinum toxin products, you don't have to worry about side effects with XEOMIN. It's FDA-approved with thousands of patients treated with no reported adverse effects.
- Range of Motion - XEOMIN doesn't give you a "frozen" look. It only works to prevent hyperactivity in your face, meaning you'll still be able to smile and frown without having to worry about creating more wrinkles.
Our XEOMIN Injection Technique
On the day of your XEOMIN injection, you'll be escorted to a private treatment room where you can relax on an exam table. We'll clean the areas of your face being treated before carefully injecting XEOMIN with a tiny specialized needle. The treatment is fast and does not generally cause much discomfort, so local anesthesia is not necessary but is available upon request. Cold compresses will be applied to the injection sites to stop any minor bleeding before you leave. XEOMIN treatments at Sereno Santé typically take less than 30 minutes from beginning to end and can be completed in our procedure room immediately following your consultation.
What to Expect After XEOMIN
You can leave our facility directly after receiving your XEOMIN injections and return to your daily activities, but you should avoid vigorous exercise for the rest of the day. For a few days following a XEOMIN injection, you may experience inflammation, bruising, or swelling near the injection site(s); this is common, and any visible marks can easily be covered with makeup. You should sleep in a slightly elevated position and may want to apply cold compresses periodically to expedite the recovery process. Most patients notice visible improvements 3 – 4 days after their XEOMIN session, and these results should last about three months. Touch-ups can be scheduled with Dr. Chakerian at Sereno Santé to sustain your results.
Should I get XEOMIN or BOTOX?
BOTOX and XEOMIN are wrinkle relaxers activated by botulinum toxin. The skilled injectors at Sereno Santé know the subtle differences between XEOMIN and other wrinkle relaxers so they can determine which is better for you. During your consultation, Dr. Chakerian will ask about your concerns before helping you decide if XEOMIN or another injectable is right for your goals.
Should I get XEOMIN or fillers?
Wrinkle relaxers, like XEOMIN, improve dynamic facial wrinkles, especially the frown lines between your eyebrows (glabellar lines). A wrinkle filler improves static wrinkles and restores volume. Tell your injector about your concerns and goals so they can determine if you should get XEOMIN, a filler, or both.
How often should I get XEOMIN injections?
Improvements from XEOMIN may be visible for up to 90 days. Each person will metabolize the formula differently, which will determine how long their treatment lasts. In your initial consultation, your injector will discuss how soon you should get your next XEOMIN injection.
Smooth and Relaxed with XEOMIN
Don't let the lines and wrinkles on your face get you down! Relax dynamic facial wrinkles with XEOMIN wrinkle relaxer injectable treatments at Sereno Santé. During a consultation with Dr. Maia Chakerian, you can decide whether XEOMIN is the right treatment for your aesthetic goals. Call our Los Gatos, CA practice today and schedule an appointment to design your unique XEOMIN treatment plan.